Friday, January 19, 2007

How Lutheran are You?

Thanks to Brother Dwight, I had to check this out. I did grow up Lutheran, though I “faded” during college and never really went back. Having been Episcopalian now for roughly the same amount of time I was Lutheran, I thought I might just see: if you take the girl out of the Lutheran church, can you take the Lutheran church out of the girl?

You are 78% Lutheran! This is most certainly true.

Not a perfect score. What does this mean? You have room for growth in understanding Lutheran terminology and culture. Good thing Salvation is by Grace and not by merit. We can add nothing to what God has done for us in Christ Jesus. But it never hurts to learn a little more about the church on earth. Thanks for taking the quiz!

How Lutheran Are You?
Create a Quiz

Well, as I did the quiz, I realized that a number of the answers I had to guess at, I never knew way back when, so it’s safe to say nothing has been “taken out.” And I didn’t keep up with all the mix-and-match of mergers, new hymnals/servicebooks. Again, nothing has been taken out. Still—78%? Kind of an amazing score for an Episcopalian, don’tcha think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got 53 percent. I think I did well on the history (they do teach Luther in several religion classes), but the whole acronym and recent history stuff really tripped me up. still a fun quiz. maybe other denominations will do that as well.